When entering the Reading Room you agree with the following set of rules:
- • Coats, bags, and cases are not permitted in the reading room. They may be left in the cloakroom and free lockers near the ground floor entrance.
- • In the cloak room, plastic bags are available for bringing in writing equipment, your own books and portable computer (without a case).
- • You are allowed to make photographs of archival documents or publications provided this is not in the section for 'restricted materials'.
- • For filming, photography (other than of documents) or making sound recordings in the reading room you need permission from the reading room staff.
- • Sound media are allowed, as long as they're not audible to other visitors.
- • You can bring your cell phone if it's on vibration mode. Please, make your phone calls outside the reading room.
- • Hand-held scanners, tape recorders and personal photocopiers are not permitted in the reading room.
- • Food or drink including candy, chewing gum and water bottles are not permitted in the reading room.
- • Bringing animals is not allowed.
- • Readers causing disturbance to other Reading Room users will be asked to leave.
- • The IISH is not responsible for any loss or damage to your properties.
- • In case of emergency you should always follow the instructions of the staff.
- • In case of suspicion of theft the IISH will report to the police.
- • Upon violation of these rules the staff can ask you to leave the reading room or the building immediately.
- • In case of repeated or serious infringements, the director of the IISH can deny access to the reading room or the building for a certain period or permanently.